Tetras

Black tetra but I don't like how all my black tetras, x-ray tetras, and red eyed tetras hide all the time :/

Tetrafan would you mind telling me what you do to get your tetras to be active? I think I did almost everything I've added several plants, I've added more tetras to up there schools but still nothing they contine to hide and some of them go to the extent of not eating when the light is on and when I feed my pleco thats when they eat his food.

Tetrafan would you mind telling me what you do to get your tetras to be active? I think I did almost everything I've added several plants, I've added more tetras to up there schools but still nothing they contine to hide and some of them go to the extent of not eating when the light is on and when I feed my pleco thats when they eat his food.
i feed them nutrafin flakes, and they are in schools and is heavily planted thats about it really, they hide when light is off but are very active during day, the x-rays expecially.

Well I feed mine tetramin flakes and like 4 of the black tetras eat and the others don't until I feed my pleco none of the fish in my 10g eat with the light on so I have to feed them with the light off and even then only the 3 red eyed tetras and 1 x-ray tetra eat while the other 2 hide and when I turn the light on all of the fish hide except the corys. So do you think I should have more black tetras in my 20g? Also I've noticed at my docters office they have black tetras in there tank and only 3 of them in a 29g with some kind of cichlid I think and they swim all over the tank but the tank light is really dim. Do you think the brightness of the light affects if they swim around or not? Because they all move around once the tank light goes off. Is there a way to dim the light because I heard that you can't get a less brighter bulb.

They are meant to be in schools of 6 at least
but become more confident with the more you put in
if i were you i would put more in ( bearing in mind tetras dont count when it comes to inch to gallon ratio)
and mabye some more plants if that dosnt work.
Im not sure about the light thing though...
i have a 14w and a 15w.
i think?

Most reactions

Back