Tetramin Sinking Tablets

ApolloJ

Reaction score
So...I went to my pet shop, asked for Pleco exclusive food, they gave me this Tetramin sinking tablets product, turns out someone told me they're not meant to be eaten by Plecos, I'm really boiling mad right now...still, I see how they got mistaken, it has a picture of a Pleco on the cover, but hey, they should know more than me, they're the ones selling **** not me, so I guess I'll still have to keep feeding it cucumber, just tell me, how often can these be fed to Plecos?

Watch your language please! :no:

Do you know why it can't be eaten by plecos? is it the protein content?

which pleco do you have?

Do you know why it can't be eaten by plecos? is it the protein content?

which pleco do you have?

They told me it was "high in animal proteins & designed more for meat eaters than herbivores like plecs." and said if I gave it to my Pleco daily it would cause digestion problems and also death, it seems quite over the top...but if that's true I wouldn't wanna take the risk, mine's a Sailfin Leopard Pleco, 7cm (I know he's still pretty small).

I would say it would be okay to continue feeding the veg! most plecs are omnivores so feeding him one of those tablets a couple of times a week will do no harm

if you want to get a proper food i would get some algae wafers, do you have bogwood? as that is imperative to a healthy digestive system, so therefore feeding those tablets in theory will be fine in small quantities

if you dont have any wood, then you can get algae wafers with wood chips in, one brand i know is JBL called novoPleco, its german, i dont know if you will have it near you but its sold in england, maybe a tinterweb search is in order lol

I would say it would be okay to continue feeding the veg! most plecs are omnivores so feeding him one of those tablets a couple of times a week will do no harm

if you want to get a proper food i would get some algae wafers, do you have bogwood? as that is imperative to a healthy digestive system, so therefore feeding those tablets in theory will be fine in small quantities

if you dont have any wood, then you can get algae wafers with wood chips in, one brand i know is JBL called novoPleco, its german, i dont know if you will have it near you but its sold in england, maybe a tinterweb search is in order lol

I'm not sure i've seen algae waffles-er wafers around the stores I visit, but I'm sure one of them must have that type of food, I'll check next time I visit, but at least I can feed it these tablets I bought once in a while, not a complete money waste at least...

tetra do an algae wafer packet which will do fine!

do you have any other bottom feeders? many other fish will usually come down to eat the tablet to, thats what i find in my case

heres what the jbl product looks like

linky

try out the hikari algae wafers.....they're fantastic! plecs love them, and the fish generally clear up whats left!

Most reactions

Back