Tetra Tank Mates

Fuzzy99

Reaction score
Right now I have a 36 gollon bow front aquarium. There are 16 tetras (neon and black phantom) and 1 rainbow shark.
I was thinking on getting more fish, and I was looking at angelfish. I really love their colors and fins. How many should I, or should I get any at all?

that rainbow shark needs at least a 55 gallon tank and be careful because as he gets older he might become aggressive. With the size tank you have you are pretty limited I would get some more tetras maybe a gourami angelfish get big too and also need a bigger tank so I wouldn't try them try to re home the rainbow if possible 

Ok. Another fish I was looking at was a killifish. Do those do well with tetras?

yes killifish do well with tetras and they dont grow very big either :) definitely try those I have two and I love them they sometimes fight among eachother but it seems to be a territorial thing. They just flare up nothing more :)

Great! Ive seen some youtube videos about hatching them from shipped eggs. Should I buy one justto try it out?

Not too familiar with breeding them :/ sorry but keep in mind if you do try breeding them you have to separate them into a different tank and have to be ready to take care of 10+ killifish that you might not have room for

My first tank was a little 3 gallon tube thing. Could they be grown in there until they get big enough?

Okay, thanks for the info. It really helped me out

Most reactions

Back