Tetra question

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Newishkeeper

Reaction score
Is anyone able to identify and suggest a solution to this?

silver spot has appeared on tetra and not sure what to do.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 90D9EED4-AB4E-4C2D-ABE4-8815B2CF70E9.jpeg
    90D9EED4-AB4E-4C2D-ABE4-8815B2CF70E9.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 61
Russjw seems to have the right idea.

One fish has a damaged eye and 2 have bits missing from their tails. The fish with the damaged eye also has what looks like a chuck taken out of its caudal peduncle region (where the tail meets the body).

What other fish are in the tank?
How long have you had these neons for?
How long has the tank been set up for?

I agree with the others. Not only do the neon tetra appear to have been attacked but their color appears to show they are under stress with much of their color faded out:(

They have almost certainly been picked on. Ouch!

Thanks for the advice everyone, they have been in the tank for about 6 months, and I should have said that I’m 99% sure that he was missing an eye when I got him, they are in there with 2 upside down catfish (introduced about 2 months ago), I had double checked with the shop owner if they were compatible and he assured me they were.

I’ve read they are not a aggresive fish, but now you have mentioned it that could be it?

if so what would The solution be? I don’t want to have to put any of them down :(

Thanks for the advice everyone, they have been in the tank for about 6 months, and I should have said that I’m 99% sure that he was missing an eye when I got him, they are in there with 2 upside down catfish (introduced about 2 months ago), I had double checked with the shop owner if they were compatible and he assured me they were.

I’ve read they are not a aggresive fish, but now you have mentioned it that could be it?

if so what would The solution be? I don’t want to have to put any of them down :(
Do you know what specie of upside down catfish you have?
What size tank do you have them in?

Most reactions

Back