Tetra info

GMazzle 83

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Does anyone know whats growing on my tetras mouth. Some sort of weird ball. A cyst maybe??? Also a white patch on his tail! I had to euthanize two already from neon tetra disease. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for them.
cheers. G.
20200626_205936.jpg
20200626_205936.jpg
20200626_205935.jpg
20200626_205933.jpg

Lately neon tetras have seemed to have a disease where they have a growth on their mouth. Myself and 1 or 2 other members have had this problem. Yours however looks slightly different than mine did. Is the growth hard?

The white stuff could be fungus or excess mucous. What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

I cant tell if the growth is hard or not but at a guess its hard by looking.
Parameters on the other hand have gone mental for some reason. No matter what I do its not working. So I checked my source and boom, there it is. My tank is exactly the same as my source. I have just purchased an ro system so I hope that I will get that sorted soon.
Anything I can do for beach ball in the mean time?

Do daily water changes which will help If its fungus and will help with excess mucous.

Do you have the exact reading of your test?

If it's the new thing popping up in neons there is no cure, it doesn't seem to affect them too bad, but once he starts having trouble eating you will need to euthanize

Do daily water changes which will help If its fungus and will help with excess mucous.

Do you have the exact reading of your test?

If it's the new thing popping up in neons there is no cure, it doesn't seem to affect them too bad, but once he starts having trouble eating you will need to euthanize
Ph spiked to 7.8
Ammonia to .25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate between 40 - 80 I cant tell the difference.
If I change the water nothing it will only keep the parameters the same as they are now until I get the ro system.
Cheers.
G

Most reactions

Back