Tetra Aqua Easy Balance

I agree that water changes are the best cure for most fish related issues! Once a week on every one of my tanks and with the python it takes less than an hour... An hour for peace of mind that my fish have clean water? No problem.

Thanks bignose, but I'm not an idiot. My internet has a lot of issues with crashing which I cannot afford to get fixed right now, and it has never once allowed me to use the search page without crashing everything. I can use the majority of this forum, but the search function and usually the PMs refuse to work. Thanks for going ahead and assuming that I'm stupid though :)

i did a little project on the safe start and easy balance route in an african cichlid tank about 3 months ago, i added fish after 48 hours 24 for de chlorinator and 24 for safe start, and i havent had a death yet (touch wood) ive been using the easy balance weekly and nitrate hardly shows, do it can work. i do a water change about once a month now aswell because i get bored otherwise.

i think its a great product, for emergencies, or if youre on holiday anyone looking after youre fish can pour a bottle into the tank.

Maybe it does help control the nitrates but I don't it's nearly as good for the fish as PWC's are. I'll stick to those over chemicals!

Thanks for all the replies.

I just wanted to say that I never had the intention of reducing my water changes drastically - I just got it as a freebie and wondered if it was any good.

Mixed reaction means that I'll probably err on the side of caution and not use it.

I suppose it's like the old saying - "If it aint broke, don't fix it"....

Most reactions

Back