Testing Kit

xtc246

Reaction score
Just got my water spot on and bought a testink kit cost me £36 how often should i test my water and what is the most dangerious thing i should look for that will hurt my fish is it amonia ph or what still learning am new lol...cheers

Your main ones thats harmful is ammonia and nitrite.

Do weekly test just before doing water changes.

You will learn after awhile, if your tank doesnt change from week to week, and if the tank is cycled... really, weekly tests of ammonia and nitrite are unnecessary after the tank is cycled and the tank stocking is complete. About the biggest concern I could see is a large change in pH. Large swings can hurt the fish as their bodies cannot handle a large change in a short time frame. Maybe test the new water pH as compared to the tank water pH to make sure there is no big swing. Buty if your using the same tap water each week, there prob won't be that much of a swing if your connected to the a city supply... well water however, I do believe may change.

Ox :good:

You will learn after awhile, if your tank doesnt change from week to week, and if the tank is cycled... really, weekly tests of ammonia and nitrite are unnecessary after the tank is cycled and the tank stocking is complete. About the biggest concern I could see is a large change in pH. Large swings can hurt the fish as their bodies cannot handle a large change in a short time frame. Maybe test the new water pH as compared to the tank water pH to make sure there is no big swing. Buty if your using the same tap water each week, there prob won't be that much of a swing if your connected to the a city supply... well water however, I do believe may change.

Ox :good:
thanks for your help

Most reactions

Back