Test Kits

TheRedDarren

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Do they expire? I've just picked one up that's about 5 years old (thrown in with a used tank) and wondering whether the results would be accurate?

ok thanks for that, another £30 gone!
BTW, I thought it was giving me dodgy results, all completely average, middle of the range results and after buying a new one and rechecking, the results are much more what you would expect, 0 on all but nitrate, which was 5.0ppm.

If your re buying please please buy the Sailfert test kist rather then the API, i have wasted so much on the API kits

In my personal experience my API Ammonia tests gave false high readings. I tested two different Master Test kits from two different suppliers with two different valid lot numbers. My Salifert test read a known ammonia free water sample as zero. Both APIs read 1 - 2 mg/l.

I`ve used the API kits for a few years and have never had any problems with false readings with them :good:

In my personal experience my API Ammonia tests gave false high readings. I tested two different Master Test kits from two different suppliers with two different valid lot numbers. My Salifert test read a known ammonia free water sample as zero. Both APIs read 1 - 2 mg/l.

Yep same for me execpt all 3 of my kits gave wrong readings, would rather dip the cat in the tank and use google to translate the cat then trust another API kits :grr:

I'd recommend saliferts too, personally I don't like API kits, they're just not accurate or precise enough for my liking, why settle for API when you can have better for the same price.

Most reactions

Back