Test Kits

Michaela521

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a test kit for nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia. I would like something more accurate than those dip ones. Any recommendations on what I should get. Thanks as always.

I have an API Test Kit which comes with a booket, 4 tubes with lids, 2 pots to test for Nitrate, 2 pots to test for Ammonia, 1 pot for Nitrite, 1 pot for lower range pH and 1 pot for upper range pH. It also comes wth charts to compare your colours to. I have found this kit very good and accurate.

yep - deffo as same poster above....the API liquid test kit does them all and is far more accurate in testing the water IMO

i used the last of my strips when started to use the liquid kit ..........the strips showed nitrIte and the liquid did not!! and all my original fish survived my cycle!!

yep - deffo as same poster above....the API liquid test kit does them all and is far more accurate in testing the water IMO

i used the last of my strips when started to use the liquid kit ..........the strips showed nitrIte and the liquid did not!! and all my original fish survived my cycle!!
where do you get that from, i've only seen the test kit strips> how much are they?
thanks bex

if u live in the u.k pets@home do em for £17.00 i think - but has everything in the kit :- test tubes, reagents, color charts!!

very easy to read instructions ( and lets face it more you do em - becomes ingrained - so no need for instructions hehe)

the api test kit is the one i use its easy to use and seems to last forever, i`ve been doing tests on my tanks almost every day now for 3 months and the bottles are still full

the api test kit is the one i use its easy to use and seems to last forever, i`ve been doing tests on my tanks almost every day now for 3 months and the bottles are still full

where did you get your api test kit frpom? how much was that?
thanks bex

If you live around a Petsmart I would recommend going to their website and printing the test kit page, then go to the store and they will price match it for you. This is the cheapest that I have found ($14.99) but for some reason the price in the store (if you don't have the print out) is almost twice that.

Most reactions

Back