Tape In A Tank

glasgow

Reaction score
I've just bought a second hand tank, with a second hand interpet epf350 filter. Some of the pipes for the filter input and output are ill fitting, and I'm wondering about fixing them with insulating tape. Is this safe to do? Is there particular tape or a better way to do this?

it might be possible, but I wouldn't risk it. Any short term fix (and that's what it would be) could come unstuck at any time....leaving you with a very wet floor.

Are they 100% the correct pipes?

it might be possible, but I wouldn't risk it. Any short term fix (and that's what it would be) could come unstuck at any time....leaving you with a very wet floor.

Are they 100% the correct pipes?

Not sure.

I was looking about to see if I could buy a new pipe system for a Interpet EPF350, but can't see to find any. These ones see to fit the filter, it is just that the hard plastic that make up the input and output at the tank end are too loose fitting

The ptfe tape that plumbers use might be better.
cathy

How about some aquarium safe silicone sealer. Ok they will be fixed for ever, no removing them easily.

PTFE tape may work as well, if your wedging the outlet into the pipe, cant see anything toxic to fish on PTFE tape.

Steve

Most reactions

Back