Tanks Upstairs..

BadBadger

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey all,

Before i look at buying a new tank im thinking about placement.
I have room downstairs but would really like it upstairs

However, im wondering if its gunna fall through the floor boards haha
Say if i was going to get a 240l which is 240KG, and the stand was something like this....

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_dev/assets/new_product_images/Juwel/51261.jpg

then the weights going to be centred on a small area.
Is this going to be too much?

thanks in advance?

i have my juwel rio 400 and aqua one 980 in my room which is upstairs and all seems alright.

hi, i have my 216l, with loads of bogwood/rocks, and it seems fine. it would be best if you could position the tank across the beams in the floor, so not all of the weight is on 1 beam.

cheers :good:

This has raised it's self again!

There are construction engineers here that will quote all sorts of formulas but really I think that just a couple of ounces of good old common sense, if observed, should keep your tank in the room it start off in!

I used to have and Aquaone 850, a Juwel 125 and another Aquaone 380 all upstairs and all next to each other without a problem and I live in a 'timber framed house'

i've got a aquaone 220 litre tank upstairs in a modern house, no problems at all ,i drove myself mad when i first got it worrying about it coming through the ceiling but it's completly fine ,at the end of the day only a structual engineer can give you a definate answer but i'm sure that size would be fine.

Im a welder, so wood isnt my strong point haha

Thanks... well i think its safe to say that its not going to fall into the living room :good:

Cheeeers

Most reactions

Back