Tanked

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Arcticfox1977

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Anyone seen this TV show? In UK its on animal planet. Just watched the episode they changed a fridge into an aquarium and built an 18ft tank for sharks. Awesome.

Can't believe they just throw fish straight in with no cycling, lol. Or is the show edited?

No doubt its edited, id assume being a large business they have tonnes of ready cycled media.

Its all done for the drama and to be taken lightly, dare say a lot of the fancier tanks will be dismantled right after show.

They are saltwater tanks too so it's a different way of cycling, with live rock.

I tried to watch it but it is so bad, they repeat themselves and have ad breaks every 2 minutes and the men are really irritating. Classic rubbish America "reality" tv!

A lot of cable TV shows now repeat themselves ad nauseam. "Coming up!"  And "Here's what just happened 5 minutes ago!" Drives me crazy.

I prefer 'fish tank kings':-D think it's on Nat geo in the uk:-D they have a big fish geek on there too ;-) and do pretty much the same as on tanked :p

Tanked intrigues me with the tank designs. And I do think they know what they are doing with acclimation. HOWEVER, they overstock the bejeezus out of some of the tanks! And I only watch it on the DVR in order to skip the irritating parts.

The episode last night had perplexed! They did an 8gl tv tank for a kid that had several guppies, some red fin sharks and 3 bala sharks! That kid is going to have a heck of a time with this tank. I like the show but every episode brakes the rules about fish keeping that I thought I knew!

I love that show. It's on one of the sky channels over here. Yeh, fish tank kings is also good! Both do some epic tanks!

I watch this show all the time.  I do love their tanks but honestly it seems as if they just keep putting in big square tanks with great decorations around the actual tank.  I was on their website and they do infinity tanks and all sorts of cool stuff but its just seems kind of basic now.  Id like to see some crazy like impossible looking tanks!

Most reactions

Back