Tank

Betta_Freak

Reaction score
is a 1 gallon tank big enough for a single betta? if not i im sure i can go buy a ten gallon or something like that also this would be my first betta so if you dont mind point me in the direction of some care sheets or tell some info please :D

is a 1 gallon tank big enough for a single betta? if not i im sure i can go buy a ten gallon or something like that also this would be my first betta so if you dont mind point me in the direction of some care sheets or tell some info please :D

There are like a million links to betta websites in the stickies. :p Think it's the third sticky that has "links to betta websites."

1 gallon is small...and probably the smallest possible you can go with a single betta.

2.5 gallons would be better. they arent expensive, you can even have a plastic tank. you will probably need a heater though as they like it warm. and that size tank is too small for a filter so you will need to do almost daily water changes.

Where in the world are you?

im in Canada so im sure im going to need to use one of my old heaters...thanks for the help, aslo could some one give some breeders if there are any in Canada :rolleyes: would a 10 gallon be to big? if you can even go to big and should i invest in a breeder or a walmart for my first betta?

Hey. where in Canada are you? I'm in London, Ontario and i'll have some bettas ready in around 6 weeks to 2 months if they continue growing at this rate.

They're plakats (short finned) and they should be quite nice...

Welcome to the forum :)

-Ian

im in Canada so im sure im going to need to use one of my old heaters...thanks for the help, aslo could some one give some breeders if there are any in Canada :rolleyes: would a 10 gallon be to big? if you can even go to big and should i invest in a breeder or a walmart for my first betta?

10 gallons is fine some males dont like having large tanks, a group of females would do well in a 10 gallon tank.

two or three males in a divided 10 gallon, with an air pump with air heads divided into each tank and one HOB filter and heater. planted! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :wub:

im around Ottawa about 45 minutes away maybe you could send me some pictures or make a account on photobucket.com then i could just look at whole bunch of them :D lol. i think ill divide the 10 gallon into 2 tanks with a window screen mesh so they share the same water the only thing i wouldnt like about that is if one fish gets soemthing it would be given to the other fish as well :X

A split ten gallon sounds good. That way you can keep two bettas in a nice sized tank and have room for plants, filters, etc. :D Good luck with the bettas~!

HI. The juveniles I have aren't much to look at right now since they're only 6 weeks old, but if you PM me your email address I can email you pics of the parents on wednesday. I have a few pics of the fry too. they're growing more every day :)

Cheers,

-Ian

im around Ottawa about 45 minutes away maybe you could send me some pictures or make a account on photobucket.com then i could just look at whole bunch of them :D lol. i think ill divide the 10 gallon into 2 tanks with a window screen mesh so they share the same water the only thing i wouldnt like about that is if one fish gets soemthing it would be given to the other fish as well :X

I personally go shopping at yard sales for my betta tanks. I live in Illinois and where I live there are tons of chances for me to find tanks from little to nothing. Have 2 5 gallon tanks and 1 3 gallon critter keeper that I picked up in the last year for 1.00 each. Have not paid much for there tanks and plus it save me tons of money for other things. Not everyone has this opportunity and alot of people would problably rather have new tanks to start with.

Most reactions

Back