Tank With Java Moss

For the bottom of the tank try some of the small Corydoras species like pygmeaus, hastatus or habrosus.

I'd possibly go for some kind of shrimp (I know nothing about them, just that they clean, so ask in the right forum). Snails produce a lot of waste. I wouldn't go for Otos because they might be a bit cramped, and I definitely wouldn't go for Pygmy Cories. While they may fit, mine are very active, and swim alllll over a 10 gallon tank. :)

What exactly are you looking to clean up though? Nothing will keep your tank healthy except water changes. And most fish will eat only 1 or 2 kinds of algae.

MAlaysian trumpet snails would be your best bet they are great at cleaning and wont eat you plants.They help you plants grow cus they airate it.They are easy enought to buy and i have some for sale any way.

shrimp will eat any fry they manage to catch, also corys may eat and tiny fry aswell (they're they're a safe bet than shrimp ;) ) Oto's can be delicate much prefering mature calm tanks. MTS breed like mad, but yes they do a great job of areating sand/gravel substrates.

If your doing regular water changes on the fry tank anyway, and have a bare bottom to the tank the easiest method to keep it clean is to use a sponge.....................just a simple basic sponge and wipe it across the bottom, pushing the muck into a corner, then syphon it all out :)

Its not bare bottom, it has sand and java moss (stated in first post). I just want some kind of cleaner that I can keep in there with fry, and so the tank isnt empty when theres no fry to be in there, and wont eat my java moss, and will be content with a 2.5 gallon.

Sorry forgot that part :*)

I'd go for the otos then :) they're very nice, pretty & calm fish who shouldn't bother with your fry at all :) they also wont rip the java moss apart (my bristlies love pulling it off the wood, lol). You could go with 2 otos and one small apple snail :)

i still think malaysian trumpet snails they dont eat plants and are very very useful

Most reactions

Back