Tank Upgrade

Beanlekin

Reaction score
I'm thinking about upgrading my 38 litre (10G) tank and have got my eye on a 2nd hand 115 litre (30G) tank. Other than a bigger heater and filter, will this tank require anything more (maintenance and equipment wise) than my current tank? This may be a stupid question but just thought I'd ask before I get myself in trouble! :)

I'm thinking about upgrading my 38 litre (10G) tank and have got my eye on a 2nd hand 115 litre (30G) tank. Other than a bigger heater and filter, will this tank require anything more (maintenance and equipment wise) than my current tank? This may be a stupid question but just thought I'd ask before I get myself in trouble! :)

Bearing in mind that bigger tank = more ground space which then means that you will most likely need some more substrate i just made a similar upgrade and now i only have an inch and a half of sand (more on order though)

But aye thats the one thing that slipped my mind.

Oh yea thats a good point ae. Thanks :) I'm so looking forward to getting this tank! So sick of not being able to fit much in my current one!

Maintenenance wise it will require no extra effort, except more water in the waterchanges.

As has been said you'll need more substrate and maybe more decoration for inside the tank; but otherwise it is exactly the same as your smaller tank.

Most reactions

Back