Tank Update

Kizz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi all :D Been a wee while since i was on . Internet was playing up so first chance i've had to have get on here :D Things are moving slowly along . Tank had it's face lift over the weekend and it looks amazing ! To the point where i sit and stare it at for a good 30 minutes just with lights on ! No water ! lol .

So saturday afternoon invovled going to collect my lighting unit . After loads of faffing over what to do i decided on luminaire/pendant lighting would be best option thinking i'd go for 6 T5's ... I ended up picking up an Aqua Medic AquaSunlight 2 x 150w 2 x 54w T5 Blue with suspension kit for £165 ! I'm might pleased by this especially after i seen the retail price ! Saturday night the tank was lifted down onto the floor and stripped down aswell as the stand it got it's first coat of Ronseal tile paint . I thought it look a bit too dark until we put the lighting unit on (just to see :blush: ) and WOW ! :hyper: it looks amazing !
IMG00274-20110402-2102.jpg

So All Day sunday consisted of waiting for first coat to fully dry and get the 2nd coat on it . OH arrived armed with tools and got to work on the stand itself . We decided on French Pine flooring for the front and sides of the stand . I kicked back and watched him work as you can see from pic's ! lol
Stand with side panel on
IMG00276-20110403-2033.jpg

Front Panel on
IMG00278-20110403-2107.jpg

Lights on ! (Stool is there to hold panel on while silicoln set)
_4035872.jpg

And Finally the view from my seat in the house . Gotta have the best view now don't we :lol:
IMG00282-20110403-2127.jpg

_4035877.jpg

Overall i'm very pleased with how it looks . Hopefully RO unit's will be gettin set up this weekend i have 2 50gpd unit's for initial fill up then i will prob keep the other one as a back up . Still have a few things on my shopping list Salt refractometer TDI Meter test kits' about another 25 KG of reef bones and 10-20Kg of LR and 2-3 more powerheads .

Hope you enjoy !
Kirsti
:D

Ohhhhh nice tank, watching with intrest.

Thanks folks . I'm actually in love with it so god knows what i'll be like when it's actually filled ! . The set up process is going to be a bit long as i'm away on my holibag's in less than 8 weeks so only thing that may be in before that is rockwork . IF i can get it all the way i want . Seen a nice idea on RC by a guy who had used plastic piping rather than acrylic rod's . Reallly like the scape he acheived with it so hopefully that's what i'll be doing with mine . Main reason for this is OH can get the piping from his work so no cost behind it except the join's for pipe work.

Also can anyone offer any advice on how to clean the glass properly . Get rid of stubborn algae and all the bloomin finger marks ! I heard white vinegar was good but don't know method behind it

Thanks
Kirsti

Add vinegar to cloth, apply cloth to glass, wipe. Wash with lots of clean water.

If you need a more in depth method feel free to ask :)

Sorry I am in a strange mood today ;)

Cheers for that sorgan! Shall get stuck into that this evening once lil one is in bed . Will any cloth do ? or does it have to be lint free microfibre sorta thing ?

Thanks
Kirsti

Ummmm I just use cloth...... I think I used a sock that had divorced it's partner.....

Most reactions

Back