Tank Tempature Too Hot

death

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
well its a mini heat wave here and my tanks stand at 31 degrees on both tanks so it cant be my thermometers that are broke ................what ways can i reduce the heat??? i have already kept the lights off thanks in advance joe

o have the same problem! i have to keep the light off for it to hover at 30c :S

In case you didn't see the topic in the beginners section...People are suggesting doing a water change and adding cold water. Or placing ice cube in a bag in the tank. My tank temps have also risen to about 29C. I wonder what people who are in hotter climates all year do...

I wonder what people who are in hotter climates all year do...
Hello, liserini, I live in hotter climates area (than United Kingdom). This would not sound good for our planet Earth but I open air conditioner during day time. So my fish tank stay cool :)

Good that where I am living in is NOT hot climate area all year round

Edits: oh yeah I've been reading on this TFF and found this. That topic have tons of ways suggested by members on here about cooling the fish tank temp. down

i turned of my heater and placed a ice pack in my tanks ,, i just had to keep an eye on the temp the fish loved it ,,

Here house temps are 95F and my tank is at 76F. I keep house light off shades down, hood up and am running a simple ice based chiller that brings cold water into my filter and through the tank.

Most reactions

Back