Tank Picture

Nexstar

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the condition of my new planted tank as of today. It has only been set up about 2 weeks. Just started CO2 injection 3 days ago.
Any suggestions on plants for color or to landscape it would be appreciated. It is a Via Aqua 680 23gallon.

Thansk
Bob

Attachments

• tank_05292004.jpg
    tank_05292004.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 48
Great job! I really don't have any suggestions for improvement. You'll really notice a difference with the addition of CO2! What kind of light do you have over it? Thanks for sharing this picture with us!

My lighting consists of 2 36w compact Flourescents. One is a combo pink 8000K and white 7100K and the other is all white 7100K.

What strikes me odd is that with the conditions I would expect to see oxygen bubbles coming off the plants but I never do. There is limited (just what is required to exchange oxygen for the fish) surface turbulance.

I hope to see pearling soon.

My readings would indicate that I am well up in the CO2 green zone. Ph 6.7 Kh 4.

So they are getting all the CO2 they could want and light is 11 hours a day.

Maybe after a few days of CO2 they will start pearling.

Also do all plants pearl?

Thanks

Oh what does STOTM mean? I hope I am not stupid for not knowing it.

Bob

Oops, I don't think nominations here count. Now that you've posted your tank in the Member's Aquarium Pics section, I'll nominate it there :)

That's a great looking tank :nod: - I'm sure you are quite proud of it, as you should be :) . I do like the overall feel of the aquascaping - very nice job.

Not all plants pearl... so I wouldn't worry about not seeing anything.

Nexstar said:
This is the condition of my new planted tank as of today. It has only been set up about 2 weeks. Just started CO2 injection 3 days ago.
Any suggestions on plants for color or to landscape it would be appreciated. It is a Via Aqua 680 23gallon.

Thansk
Bob
looks great.
but i'd hate to see what the gravel will be like after a year or towo or sooner, and if u get a gravel cleaner then it'll av to a small 1 or u will pull up all your hard work :eek: look out for snails! :fun:
looks great though

Most reactions

Back