Tank Mates

hihi100202

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, im currently stocking a 10 gallon betta tank, and it already has the betta, and two cory cats. I was planning on getting a few more corys, but sorta want something else. So, other than dwarf frogs, shrimp, corys, white clouds, is there anything else a betta could live with in a 10 gallon?

bump

Hi, im currently stocking a 10 gallon betta tank, and it already has the betta, and two cory cats. I was planning on getting a few more corys, but sorta want something else. So, other than dwarf frogs, shrimp, corys, white clouds, is there anything else a betta could live with in a 10 gallon?

I had kuhli loaches with my male Betta b4, they got along well. Just not sure about the minimum tank size for loaches tho.

My betta is in with pygmy corys and kuhli loaches and they get along fine. It might depend what type of cory you have as they like to be in groups, and if you have say five or six of the bigger ones you might be nearly fully stocked. But otherwise some kuhlis would be okay. Apple snails would work too. There's not a lot else a betta can get along with.

Mine have always got along well with endlers guppys, however they were always added before the betta. I'm not too confident the betta would be all that happy of the colourful little intruders. I reckon your best bet is shrimp or apple snail really...

Otos are absolutely brilliant with bettas, but do consider the food supply. They need a very mature tank that produces plenty of algae to keep them happy.

Another option would be normans lampeye if they're readily available in your area. They stay pretty small, but do make sure you buy them full sized otherwise they may become food for the betta. I had 7 initially, which dropped to 4. Now though I have 9 and they seem to be thriving. From a distance I always think it looks like a really plain fish carrying a fluorescent blue ball around in its mouth...

Most reactions

Back