Tank Leaks

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As title says my tank leaks in one corner where do I get some fish safe sealent from ?

have you checked a LFS? i know mine sells the sealant that is tank safe, it is designed by the manufacturer of the aquariums so you know it wont kill the fish :)

Most LFS or online but obviously online you have to wait for delivery

No I haven't looked yet ! Only got the damaged tank today

Any silicone sealant is aquarium safe as long as it does not contain any anti-bacterial/anti-fungal agents in it. Details are normally printed on the tubes so if it says prevents mould, etc. do not use.

Silicone sold as aquarium sealant is identical, they just charge more because they guarantee it's safe rather than you having to check yourself.

I've got some in garage its says mould resistant so defo not safe

Correct, try a builders merchant or B&Q type place. They normally have a selection for different applications and not all require the additives.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AquaMate-Sealant-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-4-00-free-p-p-/280963776199?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item416abefec7#ht_1606wt_1171

£4

Its what i use and with free delivery its not breaking the bank. I wont put blind faith in anything from B&Q if you have expensive fish in your tank. I knocked up a pyramid of tubes for my Clown Loaches with this stuff, they are too darn costly to replace to take a risk.

Most reactions

Back