tank is done....now whats next?

fI$H_FaCe

Reaction score
under the guidance of another member i switched this thread form teh "beginner questions " forum to here hoping for a respone:

well like i have stated, once i have my tank completed and tested and totally sealed and mounted on my stand what should i do/purchase next in order from the very next thing all the way to adding my fish?

BTW i am using about an 80 gallon tank and saltwater ...

sorry for my inexperience :dunno:

fI$H_FaCe said:
under the guidance of another member i switched this thread form teh "beginner questions " forum to here hoping for a respone:

well like i have stated, once i have my tank completed and tested and totally sealed and mounted on my stand what should i do/purchase next in order from the very next thing all the way to adding my fish?

BTW i am using about an 80 gallon tank and saltwater ...

sorry for my inexperience :dunno:
[snapback]920573[/snapback]​

hehehe, do you have a budget? :hey:

well i mean , i do of course have a budget but i want a good system and i want something i will have for years to come ... i guess what i am looking for is a list of "good products" to be using and the best places to get them from

-Brad

from what ive read so far im guessing your very new to SW?

see if you want a 'good system to last for years', you will need to do more research, and gain a little more knowledge before hand. Its not just as simple as buying filters etc like in FW tanks.

Theres many different ways you can go, and it can become very very expensive!

But im guessing you dont want to do any drilling etc and setting up a sump system?

if not, ill keep it simple:

> RO Unit
> Deltec MCE600 skimmer
> Heavy duty lighting system, ie halide
> Heater
> Powerheads
> Liverock
> Substrate ie Livesand
> dont forget the salt!

if you havent already, have a read of http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=3220

just this equipment is going to be hundreds!

Most reactions

Back