Tank Heater.

ceech

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Why does my rio 240 litre jewel fish tank only have a 50 watt heater with it?should it have a bigger one by right?
surely this is not enough for thisTropical fish tank.The lady in the pet store seems to think it will be fine so it will ?
why is this ? Are is she very wrong.i have bough a 300 watt heater to run in the tank with it and i am going to take out the internal filter and use an external 1000litre per hour one.

A 50 watt heater is no where near enough.

The Jewel Rio 240 is supposed to come with a 200 watt heater, see HERE.

If it were me I would be complaining and providing evidence to the vendor from which your purchased it.

A 50 watt heater is no where near enough.

The Jewel Rio 240 is supposed to come with a 200 watt heater, see HERE.

If it were me I would be complaining and providing evidence to the vendor from which your purchased it.

i have paid for the tank but have not collected it yet so i have not.i have bough a 300 watt heater from another pet store so i have but am going to say it to the pet store.i tried to print out the page you put in earlier but had no luck.she told me the last time she has a 340 with a 50 watt and said it was fine.i argued but it was like taliking to a wall.the owner will be there today.thanks for your answer.i just needed another opion in case i was wrong did not think so though.

sounds to me this pet store is swapping out the more powerful heaters with cheaper ones and probably selling the heater afterward...

if they won't give you what is yours, i'd refuse to buy from them

sounds to me this pet store is swapping out the more powerful heaters with cheaper ones and probably selling the heater afterward...

if they won't give you what is yours, i'd refuse to buy from them

they are giving me a 200 watt heater with the tank now so they are.i asked for a refund and they sorted the heater mess out rather quick :) ha ha

Most reactions

Back