Tank Gets Too Hot!

Luixfern

Reaction score
I have a tank full of cichlids, my problem is that since its starting to get real "summery" here where I live my tank water keeps rising to 90+ degrees. Is there a way or trick I can use to keep the water temps down since I cant be home doing water changes all day??

having a fan blow over it might drop the temp some and it'll be sure to keep any air from getting warm from the light and heating the tank more.

some how fans dont seem to be right i would just keep the lights off all day and keep your tank in the shade i checked my tanks today and there fine and thats what i am doing

Do you have your filter inside or outside? I found that my powerfilter was creating a lot of heat, and at first I turned it off, and then I changed filter. That worked well for me. I also put in icecubes, but yo don't want to be doing that all summer, I guess......

freeze some 2 litre pop bottles and put them in then replace when melted with others :)

jen

90 degrees thats almost boiling point matee.

do you mean 90 faren hight????

fans, airconditioning in the room. the ice bag is also a good idea..

[Mod Edit]

Lol 90C = fish supper, and unless he has a veeeery small tank with a veeeery big heater which has failed on, basically impossible (unless his house is on fire I suppose). Still, though, ice cubes or frozen pop bottles, as others have posted, is a good short-term solution. Chillers cost a freaking fortune...

Most reactions

Back