Tank Filtration Help

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Myatt72

Reaction score
Have bought new tank. 120l Have two external filters ehienm pro 2 and fluval 405 should i put both intake pipes at the same end or and out lets at the other or have 1 in and out at each end? Thanks in advance for the help!!

Gareth

Have bought new tank. 120l Have two external filters ehienm pro 2 and fluval 405 should i put both intake pipes at the same end or and out lets at the other or have 1 in and out at each end? Thanks in advance for the help!!

Gareth

Wow... a lot of filtration for a 120l! I have 1 in and one out at each end with my Eheim Pro2 and Eheim Pro3e. I considered both intakes in the center and outlets either side but my tank top (inbuilt with glass sliders) won't allow this.

Really id say its up to you... i mean they are still going to be both filtering out ammonia.

Gareth

Wow... a lot of filtration for a 120l! I have 1 in and one out at each end with my Eheim Pro2 and Eheim Pro3e. I considered both intakes in the center and outlets either side but my tank top (inbuilt with glass sliders) won't allow this.

Really id say its up to you... i mean they are still going to be both filtering out ammonia.

Sorry my mistake meant to write 220l tank!!

Hi Myatt, I have 3 large externals on my tank cycling circa 7000ltrs/hour. I tend to space them out so that debris does not stand a chance in respect to flowing around the tank. I am sure either way, you will find your tank will be nice n clean lol.

Gareth

Sorry my mistake meant to write 220l tank!!

Thanks, but I thought i should get a direction of flow just 1 way not letting the water outlet run into each other!

I would not worry about it to be honest, as I said, either way, you will have a clean tank anyway, so go with your own thoughts on it, you can always tweak it afterwards if you are not happy

ideally the in should be at the oppositte end to the out....for each filter...if that makes sense. I think also the in and out pipes should be roughly the same length so its well balanced

Most reactions

Back