tank decor ?'s

fish_newbie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello fellow fish enthusiasts! =)

are decor for reptile terrariums ok to use in aquariums? cause they seem to have better stuff and its cheaper. and about those aponogeton bulb things. do u have to use fertilizer? the LFS people told me that they have enough nutrients to handle themselves till the grow into adult plants.

I have some of those bulbs in my tank. Fertilizer probally isn't needed. I add some to my tank for my others plants though, and the bulbs probally like it too.

The reptile stuff at my lps says not for use in aquariums on the tag. I think they are chemically treated so that reptile poop (since we can't say ####) doesn't stick to them.

I have some aponogeton bulbs. Only 2 out of the six or so actually germinated but one of them actually flowered yesterday and its been about 10 days. I don't have fertilizer in my tank so I wouldn't think you need any.

are decor for reptile terraniums ok to use in aquariums?

It depends on what you want to use. Decor for aquariums must be suitable for underwater - some of the decor for terrainims can leach toxins once submerged. What exactly did you have in mind?

Most reactions

Back