Tanganyikan Set Up

I`m not changing my rocks!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum Penfold, looks like you`re in good hands with kiriyama and bullit on the case :good: :good: Not sure if you`ve had chance to have a read yet, but as has been said there`s a few threads made recently about the Tang setups and there`s a lot of good info and advice which may be able to help answer some of your questions :)

Hi All,

Thanks for all your advice. After researching a few things I have now decided to have a go at making my own 3D background. I have found a few very good websites with very good advice on what products to use that aren't halmful to the fish. Due to all the rocks (mainly the weight) I would need to get the right effect I have decided to recreate my own with polystrene!! I'm not very artistic but with a bit of patience I'm hoping I can create something pretty nature looking. It will definately keep me quiet for a while!! Thanks Elsiew for the pointer on threads about Tang setups. I will take a look. Like I said, I am just about getting used to the forum set up so I didn't realise there were so many different ones :S

From what I can gather and what I've been told, some cicy owners use the ocean rock mainly for caves and to give a plain bright background to bring the colours out in the fish more.

I have a marine tank as well as a trop, and I have to admit that the colours of cichlids are defo on par with the colours of some marine fish. The way I look at it, colour wise, is that marine fish are just cichlids but in HD! Lol

Most reactions

Back