Tanganyika Spotter?

doresy

Sometimes Right, Sometimes Wrong but ALWAYS certai
Reaction score
Really disappointed tonight :angry: went to my local MA armed with my £15 (from the Front sale) to get me a couple of somethings nice but nothing to be had. The choices were a lonesome punct (£8) or a couple of Leleupi (£12). Then there was couple of Cylindricus (£14)

I nearly got a 1" Brown Frontosa (£10) and looked at the Lamp Moorii (£20-pair)

So Tanganyikan spotters? Local'ish to me (Southampton) shops or private keepers.......what's about?

LFS here are all Leleupi and Brichardi (if you ask them to order in), one LFS does get Fronts and Trets regular though and has started doing Duboisi... If I see anything on interweb I'll post :good:

Not sure if my 'local' MA at Wimborne would be close enough for you (about an hour away from you?) but they have cyps, punks, five bars, frontosa, Pearl-lined Lamprologus, few brichardi erm, erm....can`t think of any more at the mo :unsure:

Have you popped into Aquajardin recently, doresy? They do sometimes have the odd Tang species or two for sale, its where I got my random (now presumed) Lophiobagrus brevispinis catfish from (who I still wonder if it will be fine in my 620T setup long term, using our hard alkaline tap water).

Tropi-quaria on Anglesea Road (Shirley) have some decent sized Frontosa in the under-counter tank with some Clown Loaches, that I briefly see most days as I deliver the mail, before they usually make a run for cover!
laugh.gif

LFS here are all Leleupi and Brichardi (if you ask them to order in), one LFS does get Fronts and Trets regular though and has started doing Duboisi... If I see anything on interweb I'll post :good:

Usual stuff then although the Dub's are a good extra. Not sure that my set up could take another dominant fish.

Not sure if my 'local' MA at Wimborne would be close enough for you (about an hour away from you?) but they have cyps, punks, five bars, frontosa, Pearl-lined Lamprologus, few brichardi erm, erm....can`t think of any more at the mo :unsure:

A choice of Cyps and Puncts would be nice to see! Brichardis you can keep :shifty: Pearl-lined Lamprologus :cool:

Have you popped into Aquajardin recently, doresy? ]

Haven't been in there for years (since my community days) Never seen Tang's in there ever :no: I shall pop in tomorrow though for a look-see on the way to pick up my 3 Adult Cyps that I won off ebay for £1.20! (I am rounding it up to a fiver though, after all the guy is bringing them up from Chichester!.......I'm all heart I know! :lol: )

Usual stuff then although the Dub's are a good extra. Not sure that my set up could take another dominant fish.

A choice of Cyps and Puncts would be nice to see! Brichardis you can keep :shifty: Pearl-lined Lamprologus :cool:

The cyps aren`t much cop to be honest, (should have said, sorry), they`re quite thin, maybe just need a good feed but both me and hubby have said the ones I have are pretty chubby compared to those at the store. I feel like buying them all, feeding them up and the returning them but I know I can`t :sad:

Haven't been in there for years (since my community days) Never seen Tang's in there ever :no: I shall pop in tomorrow though for a look-see on the way to pick up my 3 Adult Cyps that I won off ebay for £1.20! (I am rounding it up to a fiver though, after all the guy is bringing them up from Chichester!.......I'm all heart I know! :lol: )

3 Cyps for a pearl diver ? Going to have to start using fleabay again :lol: Well done on the auction mate, what kind are they ?

3 Cyps for a pearl diver ? Going to have to start using fleabay again :lol: Well done on the auction mate, what kind are they ?

You wont get a bargain like that again! :lol:
Hi Kevin, I thought I'd have a look and see if you were bragging about them. I,m just happy that they went to someone who appreciates them. :thumbs:

You wont get a bargain like that again! :lol:
Hi Kevin, I thought I'd have a look and see if you were bragging about them. I,m just happy that they went to someone who appreciates them. :thumbs:

Reckon I deserve bragging rights! :lol: (couldn't have done it without you!) They settled in fine even though one was left in only about a half inch of water (the rest being left in the Audi :lol:) My male started flirting furiously within seconds of them being let out of the bag. No so bad now as the female is exploring but I reckon on having to either move her on or try to obtain some more females..........now where's the eBay button ;)

If you want to off load any more then I have a couple of more quid to spend ;)

:shifty: Don't tell anyone here but I got onto that other forum you mentioned :shifty:

Most reactions

Back