Taking A Pee

4seasons

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Last night I gave my son's betta a frozen pee like I have read in this and other forums. Put the pee in the microwave to defrost then peeled it and cut into 1/4 but a 1/4 was still pretty big so I cut it into some smaller pieces and gave him the little pieces. However one of the full 1/4 pieces was stuck to my finger when I put it in the water it sank to the bottom. Didn't think anything about it as Racer (the betta's name) ate the smaller pieces as they were sinking. Well this morning I found an interesting sight.
Optimized-2012-05-02_09-05-18_398.jpg
I guess Racer found the big hunk of pee in the gravel last night and is now carrying it around like a trophy. It is way to big for him to swallow but small enough he can get a corner in his mouth. Not sure if his jaw just isn't strong enough to bite off a chunk or if he is just playing with his food. It isn't stuck as I watched him spit it out to grab a bit of air from the surface only to chase it down and resume carrying it around his tank. He seems to be having a blast with it. Sure is a kick to watch. Anyone else have a betta do this?

Lol, great pic and very funny.

But I need to put my teacher's hat on. I was expecting to see bodily fluids coming out of your betta rather than him carrying around a peA :lol:

Am I the only one laughing at this thread

I'd never take a pee in my tanks

Especially not after microwaving it

On a serious note, usually you don't drop the peas in until you mush them up. My fish won't touch them unless I mush and chop them into smaller bites

don't you mean PEA and not PEE? I have been reading this entire topic and replies and wondering what the heck PEE? LOL!

Ok I am not a grammar expert. Their, there, pee, pea it is all the same thing. I was having fits reading up on cycling first because I thought it had something to do with riding a bike, then I couldn't figure out the difference between nitrate and nitrite. I did find another thread were someone was talking about peeing in the tank for ammonia to cycle but I am talking about green pees, not yellow pea.... or was that the other way around?

Lol pee in your tank haha. It's green PEAS and you PEE in your toilet.

LOL my bettas always thrash around with their peas too. Great pic though! wish I could catch mine doing it. :p Pea eating, not peeing that is.

Why do I never resist the urge to click on wacky thread titles?

LOL my bettas always thrash around with their peas too. Great pic though! wish I could catch mine doing it. :p Pea eating, not peeing that is.

Why do I never resist the urge to click on wacky thread titles?

It's always in the back of your mind that its gonna be interesting to read if it has a wacky title

I've given my betta pea a few times - very amusing to watch him swim around with it in his mouth ;)

Most reactions

Back