tail types

jmaster

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi all

can anyone tell me what tail types these girls are??

could this girl be a male plakat?

thanx

Attachments

• Picture_006.jpg
    Picture_006.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 41
sry that pics ainght that gd

if u want more pics i could try to get

Attachments

• Picture_004.jpg
    Picture_004.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 50
i am no help to you i'm sure but they look like very pretty fish. i love the way the white one looks like she is zooming around the tank!!!

thanx newfishies and jacquelyn01

so can anyone tell me wat they think they may be?

thanx

ild say it is a she not male plakat, but i could be wrong can u get any clearer pics?

i think it is prob a female because shes in my female tank and theres never no trouble

waat tail type do u think they are?

i will try get clearer pic wen camras charged

thanx

To me they both look like male plakats. BUT if they are in a community together right now peacfully (somewhat) then they would most likely be female. HOw are u keeping them?

they are living in a 15 gallon with 7 other females and everyone seems to be getting along

has anyone else got any ideas of what they may be because they dont look like any of my VT females?

thanx

I'd say male plakats.

If you look at the anal fin it's extended longer than that of a female, and also comes to a longer point at the end towards the caudal fin.

A really clear pic would help, because the telltale giveaway is the ovipositor. It's a little white dot between the ventral fins and the anal fin, occasionally noticeable as a bump rather than a dot, specifically when she is ready to breed.

hi all

i think that the dark one of them girls is a male plakat

a few reasons are i cant see the ovipositor

i have never seen this one bar up before

also i just notice that it was hanging around the back alot of the tank alsot and its built a bubble nest

just one thing i want to no is how comes it has never been shredded by all the females dont they normally gang up on the male??

as he has been in there for a while would it be ok for me to keep him in there for now??

thanx all

I recently found out that one of my females was a male plakat. I thought I saw the white dot but I guess it was where he poops from :*) He was in with 4 other girls and used to hide out behind the filter and then dash out and take a nip and then dash back again. He also used to build small bubble nests but the flow of the filter used to destroy them. None of my females ever barred up for him and I never saw any of them attack him.

He's now in a divided tank next to my other male and wow does he build bubble nests now :D The girls are much more settled now he's gone as well.

Your call, but if you think its a male then I would personally take him out

hi

at the moment i dont have anywer to put him so as there not been no damage so far im gona leave him in till i get him somwer to stay

Most reactions

Back