Tail Type? Added A Clearer Picutre Now

5teady_2012

Here to help
Reaction score
What tail type is this? is a VT? or is it a combtail?

Thanks

DSC00244.JPG

update.jpg

shes not a comb, but the edges of her tail look pretty strait plus her anal fin is very neat both are not traits of a VT. Where did you get her from?

Got her from my local fish store, it was in the female VT betta tanks.

here is a more clear one i did with cam, excuse the white sumdge mark on glass...

update.jpg

round tail perhaps? (vt x pk)

i did think that myself at one point but don't you think the edges of the tail look too straight for an RT

hmm yeh, but its not a pk and not a vt. in the last pic, the top ray is straight but the bottom curved... so a delta mabey? the anal fin is long but even and well propotioned, so i guess a delta

I think she just looks like a VT with a nice full tail. I have a couple that look like that now that I've had them home a while and cared for them. She's pretty. :)

There is 8 buddy, all 8 have a fork at the end of them ----<

I only see two in each ray. I think that's what blue_betta meant. It's a full tail, but each ray splits once into two. Could also just be an unknown "single tail" female since you don't know what the parents were. I'm changing my mind now. I think I saw the anal as being much more pointy last time. It does actually look a bit like a trapezoid. Okay, so just a ST, or a VT.

I have 2 ST females-- 2 ray branching-- but they are from a SD v HM spawn...so defo not VTs, just "single tail"

There is 8 buddy, all 8 have a fork at the end of them ----<

lol yeh that would be 2 rays the ;) i did meant the number of branches, sorry, should have been more specific... hmm not a delta then..

Altogether then there is 8 branches like this lol (what i can see aqnyways)

-------------<
-------------<
-------------<
-------------<
-------------<
-------------<
-------------<
-------------<

Most reactions

Back