T5 Lighting Setup?

phishyphil

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi there

Currently I run 3 x 39w T5s, not sure on there K rating as they were standard on my APS 330 Litre unit.

My current setup produces "okay" plant growth, with it being low tech, i'm not expecting miracles! The colour of the tank lighting has a yellow tinge, which I truly dislike and now I have decided to change this!

Current Set up:
Tank Size : 4'x 1.5' x 2.5'
Tank Volume : 330 Litres

Lighting is 30 Inches from the substrate!

I am looking for a Blue look to the tank however with a good spectrum for plant growth. Could anyone answer these questions please? :-

1) As I have 3 available locations, could I use the following bulbs to cover all plant growth spectrums, and keep a blue look?
Slot 1 : 6000K bulb Slot 2 : 10000k Bulb Slot 3 L 18000K Bulb

2) What is your personal lighting set up?

3) How would you recommend to have your light set up to achieve a blue look?

Kind Regards

PP

my 6ft tank has 2 x 4000K and 2 x 8000K, gets a really balanced look and very good plant growth. dead cheap too, 4000K cost £3 each and the 8000K cost £8 each.

Plant growth is best at 6500K

Ahh I see. Im thinking my current T5's are running arounf the 2300K mark, however really want a bluish tint to the water without the sacrifce to plant growth, due to the depth of the tank being quite deep, im wondering on the light's penetration to the lower levels? can anyone else see this as a problem?

my 6ft tank has 2 x 4000K and 2 x 8000K, gets a really balanced look and very good plant growth. dead cheap too, 4000K cost £3 each and the 8000K cost £8 each.

Plant growth is best at 6500K

Incidently, where do you get your bulbs from?

Most reactions

Back