Synodontis... Urgent Help!

DiscusAngel

www.charliebearsuk.com
Reaction score
My Synodontis catfish has randomly got a HUGE bump on her belly... there is only one? so im not sure how she is pregnant if she is i cant even get pics ecause she is hiding i only saw her when she got some food but did it so quickly i couldnt get a good pic! also how do they breed does the male fertalize the eggs after there spawned? i really am confussed anyone know any info as im sruggling to find info ! please tell me many thanks! ;)

My Synodontis catfish has randomly got a HUGE bump on her belly... there is only one? so im not sure how she is pregnant if she is i cant even get pics ecause she is hiding i only saw her when she got some food but did it so quickly i couldnt get a good pic! also how do they breed does the male fertalize the eggs after there spawned? i really am confussed anyone know any info as im sruggling to find info ! please tell me many thanks! ;)
Synodontis what?
What have you been feeding ?
What size is it?
How do know it's a she?
What other occupants are there?

Synodontis what?
What have you been feeding ?
What size is it?
How do know it's a she?
What other occupants are there?

Not sure which synodontis ( i searched on site through about 60 synodontis catfish and couldnt find one like mine! its grey with black dots but there quite big dots ill try get a piccy !)
Feedcing Tetra prima and bloodworm
its about 3"
im guessing as i think its oregnant?
the occupants are listed in my sig

does it look like this(synodontis occelifer).
nath1

Attachments

• PHTO0187.JPG
    PHTO0187.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 157
  • fish0206_069.jpg
    fish0206_069.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 187
does it look like this(synodontis occelifer).
nath1
Nope, its really dark like Dark grey and Black dots a little bit like it but its defo not that one :( its frustrating as when i bought her/him on the tank it just had synodontis catfish
Ok just been searching... and i found a syndontis eupterus its like that probrably that just mine has more black dots.

thats a syno eupterous.i have one.i just took some pics of it.i dont know how to get good pics though.
HPIM1491.jpg

HPIM1493.jpg

HPIM1496.jpg

its normal for a feather fin syno to be oddly plump all the time.it actually shows the fish is healty and with what your feeding it it will get big(round) fast.but evn when the fish hasn't eaten in a while it will still be round

ok thanks and yes my catfish is that one! but not as "Flary fins" , its belly has gone.. i think it could have laid eggs but im sure all the other fish would have eaten in anyway i cant see anyeggs in her hiding place (assuming its a her and i just call it a her lol)

thanks everyone!! for your time and help!!

i dont think it laid eggs at 3 inches.mine is almost 7 and hasn't laid.the tend to work off their chubby in a quick amount of time.
also yours will get these flarey fins at a older age

not a problem.keep me up to date on it through pms.i love hearing about their progress

IVE GOT ONE OF THESE TOO, REALLY FRIENDLY, BUT SEEM TO BE OUT AND ABOUT WHATEVER THE TIME OR LIGHT,
I HAVE RED LASER MODULES AROUND THE TANK WOULD THIS MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THEIR BEHAVIOUR?

Most reactions

Back