Synodontis Petricola

Snake42490

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey guys i just got 6 1 inch petricolas last night.. They are doing great and i think im going to start feeding them tonight. what would you guys recommend to feed them? maybe stuff that i could find at a local store anything! thanks

just feed them regular flake and algae tablets.mske sure the flake gets to them though.

i went and looked at all the foods i have.. i have Tetra Cichlid Cichlid Flakes... Tetra Cichlid mini granules.. wardley total color.. not sure why i have that. HBH African Cichlid Attack and Sally's Seaweed Salad. i am trying to get some HBH graze.. 8 veggie but am having no luck.. which of the ones that i have now would you recommend? is the flake the best one i have?

what brands of food would you recommend using for the flakes and algae tablets thanks!

im not too good on the quality of flakes or food but they will readily hoover up anything u throw in the tank.the foods you have are all good for pets. but make sure they all get some specially if they just came in.

well im not sure what to do... i just tried to feed them all of the food i had.. none of it seemed to interest them.. they have been in the tank for 24 hours now. any ideas? are they shy eaters? i did a water change to get all of the food out. im up for ideas thanks!

also you should leave the light off and try.they will eat but thety are just scared.

when should i be feeding them? morning evening night?? and how many times a day?

i usually feed mine 2 times a day but they are also with my malawi.and it doesnt ralley matter that much when to feed but if u can night wiould be best for a while

well im out of ideas??? ive tried dried brine shrimp.. frozen dried shrimp.. flakes.. pellets.. they dont do anything with it.. tried feeding at night morning afternoon.. there are no lights on the tank so lighting shouldnt be affecting them.. they have gone 7 days without eating.... so im up for ideas but they need some food in them... all look extremely healthy.. Thanks

wow these guys are shy eaters.. but hey they are eating haha... so i went to the store to find anything that might work.. found spirulini enhanced brine shrimp! i will put it in the tank and watch and of course they stay away from it... shut the lights off still stay away.. come back 15 min and its all gone??? haha.. they are much more active to... these guys seem really light sensitive.. is that right? they hide in seconds when that light turns on.. would they just be shy from being new? Thanks!

Good to hear it.they are pretty shy as young but once they reach adult hood they lose that fear.if i were you, id try and sit next to the everyday for a while so they get used to you.you cant be looking right into the glass to the point where ur nose touches it though.haha.just sit back and watch.within a few days u will notice they are less affraid.And all catfish are sensitive to light but if they are shy still it wouldnt matter light on light off.

how long do you think i should continue to keep the petros in the quarantine tank? they have been in the tank since 4/12 ... thanks

bloodworm and sinking veggie wafers. Sometimes real fruit like lettuce. Do not expect to see them eat. Most syno's are purely night feeders and you wont see them during the day.

Most reactions

Back