syno erupt....(cant spell it)

fish_keeper2

I am Nemo!!
Reaction score
i recently started likeing the syno erupt(cant remeber nor spell the whole name) anyway im gonna be upgrading on of my tanks soon and i wanted to know some info on them. the tank will have corries, ottos, an angel and varius livebearers. are they ok with these types of fish.....it will be a 29(us) gal. the angel is only quater sized right now and will go to a bigger tank once it gets a lot bigger. basicly i want to know what they eat, habits, aggressiveness, stuff along those lines

A synodontis Eupterus can grow to 8 inches(I have one myself that is that size)
I think you'd be ok with your current tankmates except,perhaps your ottos,which might be a bit small.
My eupterus likes to eat quite large prawns......just to say!!

I have four small ones,does there pattern change as they mature,mine are mottled black and white but have been told that they will change-is this true?

my lfs sells ones that are around 3inches. how long will it take for them to get to 8 inches. chali: are u suggtesting that my ottos might get eaten? anyone esle have any other info for me?

29G is about the minimum you would want for a fully grown Synodontis Eruptus, 8" is optimistic, you should realistically expect more like 6-7". The tankmates you have suggested sound fine as they aren't predatory fish, although they will be boisterous if harassed.

Ben

thanks.....the only fish i think might do that would be my angel(it chased my guppies for about 20 min or so but doesnt care anymore) but i dont think that would be much of a prob. what do they like to eat? what is thier behavior like? are they nocturnal, do they prefer lots of hidding places?

basically they will eat anything that will fit in their mouths, they will catch their pray be night when your fast asleep :hey: slowly any smaller fish will start to dissappear. they are lighter in colour when young then go darker with age. if anybody wants more info please pm me

i disagree, they are opportunistic, not predatory. You should find they prefer algae wafers and vegs than fish, but they will happily eat it, if its obviously there and easy to get to..

Ben

thanks for the help everyone. ive decided i wont get one now unless by some miracle i can get a 55+ gal tank.

Most reactions

Back