Symptoms of a sick betta...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Marlyn

Reaction score
what are the symptoms? see i just got this betta and im thinking perhaps he was happier in his smaller tank cuz he was making a bubble nest and stuff, and then i put him in a slighty larger one and he hasn't made a single bubble and water is all grimy after only 2 days! can they get diahrea? whoever said bettas are easiest to care for didn' own mr. fin.

Relax a little while. Some times it takes a bit to make a new house feel like home. If that's the only symptoms maybe he's just getting use to it all. If you really feel like he's uncomfortable with his new home give him a plant or two. A water plant from the pet store can be placed in a terra cotta or plastic container and put inside his tank if you don't have gravel. Now you didn't mention filteration or what size tank. If this is a totaly new tank gravel and all, your tank may just be cycling. If this is just a larger betta bowl he may just be producing an excess of slime coat due to stress. If there are other symptoms making you think he's sick or you need more advice, write back and tell us more
Carol
larantrow

well in his smaller tank he was making a bubble nest and not there isn't a single bubble. should i switch him back to his smaller tank?

Marlyn-

Just be patient and don't switch tanks again. Let the little guy adjust. Almost a year ago I brought home a pet store betta and it took him a few days to settle. Once he did, he became very active in the tank and whenever I walked into the room. Keep an eye on his finnage and behavior. Let us know if he doesn't improve. Best of luck.

-Ashley

Did you cycle the new tank before you put him in?

Ok...let him settle he's still probably discovering it all. Do you have any females. also is there a strong current? If there is then he can't build a bubblemest. ;)

Most reactions

Back