Swordtail Color Varieties...

BitterCowgal

Reaction score
I've been looking all over the net for pictures of swordtail varieties. Does anyone have any links to websites showing the vast array of colors the swordtail comes in? Personally I'm a beginner to fishkeeping and am still trying to figure out the proper color names for each variety of swordtail. Having an easy location to quickly determine the color of my swords would be great.

Feel free to post a list of colors they come in and pictures/links to pictures if availiable. :good:

I've looked over that website before but it's not quite what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is more like how on the Platy profile page here in the forum folks have submitted pictures of certain varieties and have given the name of the color. Only difference being I'm looking for swordtail pictures instead. I can't even find a breeder website outlining all the swordtail colors that are known with pictures.

our pineapple swordtail bob

pw015.jpg

our other male swordtail (hasnt been named yet)

xropped.jpg

there re also lemon swordtails , they are like the pineapple ones , but have yellow where the orange is hope this helps :)

We were in the process of making a color gallery a long time ago, but that kind of got put on hold. I'll bump the submitting thread, since we have a bunch of new members. But I'll need someone else to help me with it, since I just have NO time currently. :X (PM me if you want to help, I already killed this thread enough)

You can see what pictures you can find in our submitting thread...don't count on a lot though. :/
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=108706&hl=

Most reactions

Back