Swordies and Mollies

Angry_Platy

Sleepy Chook
Reaction score
Sleeping Somewhere. Or doing water changes. Or run
I wanted to get some dalmation/black mollies to go in my 30gal tank. I heard someone on here the other day said swordies and mollies don't go well together. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone had mollies and swordies together and how did they go?

My swordies come first over any new molly so this will decide whether I get them :nod:

My local fish shop owner said that they are not compatible, (he could very well be wrong!), personally I have never owned mollies so I can't speak from my own experience. I'm sure someone on the forum will have the answer for you. :thumbs:

well, if u put more mollies in than the swordies, and mainly put in female swordies, it may work.

hi,we've got 2 female (one very small - a fry we saved now about 3/4 inch big) & one male black mollies with a male & female orange swordie, been together for about 4 months & never bother eachother - but maybe we've been lucky :D ( we originally had 2 mature female mollies but sadly one died last week,no apparent cause :(

My son & I both have swordies & mollies together & have never had any problems. They all get along fine in both our tanks.

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

I keep mollies and swordtails together and the get along fine. :p

Don't know if this applies but I have Mollies in with fancy guppies without much of a problem. I do have one big male Dalmation Salfin who is a little aggressive at feeding time. He seems to like to head butt. :grr: But other than that they all seem to get along fine. They have been in the tank for about 4 months together without any probs.

I HAVE TWO SWORDFISH, MALE AND FEMALE AND FOUR MOLLIES, TWO SILVER (ONE MALE AND FEMALE) AND TWO BALLOON MOLLIES (ONE OF WHICH HAS JUST GIVEN BIRTH TODAY) AND THEY ALL GET ON FINE. OBVIOUSLY THOUGH THIS IS JUST MY TANK!!! :D

Mollys and swordtails have big personalitys, and somtimes their personalitys clash when it comes to arranging pecking orders between them. Mollys and swordtails get along well in general but i have heard one or 2 storys of mollys picking on the swords.

Most reactions

Back