Swollen guppy - need advice

Somethings fishy

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what could be happening here? He’s been very swollen for a month, but just today, I noticed the bubble. I thought he was constipated, so have been feeding him a pea every other day for a month. Nothing has changed. Also, I was told he was male so wasn’t thinking pregnancy, but maybe they were wrong? He otherwise is acting normally. Any suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• 840B8AB3-2005-470C-B922-92DB29E22BA0.jpeg
    840B8AB3-2005-470C-B922-92DB29E22BA0.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 6248DF86-FD53-46BF-9060-F647BC129CDD.jpeg
    6248DF86-FD53-46BF-9060-F647BC129CDD.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 34
perhaps it is a tumor or a very large abcess? i have never seen this before!

perhaps it is a tumor or a very large abcess? i have never seen this before!
Thanks for responding. It’s really strange. He has been swimming & acting normally, despite his body being swollen for the past month. Now he’s tilting slightly in the direction of the bubble, but still swimming with buddies, exploring, eating, etc.. Poor lil guy - that can’t feel good.

I'm with Sgooosh here... It could be a tumor or an abscess. But I don't think he'll be cured from it, considering how far it has gone...

I'm with Sgooosh here... It could be a tumor or an abscess. But I don't think he'll be cured from it, considering how far it has gone...
Thank you. I had pretty much come to the same conclusion - that he likely can’t be cured. I was just hoping that maybe i was wrong & it was parasite or something that could be killed. Poor little guy. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Thank you. I had pretty much come to the same conclusion - that he likely can’t be cured. I was just hoping that maybe i was wrong & it was parasite or something that could be killed. Poor little guy. Thanks everyone for the feedback.
I hope he can live a healthy life, and that the tumor does not grow bigger

Most reactions

Back