Swollen Eye

AquaQueen

Reaction score
Anyone know what this could be from? Could she have injured it somehow? Are there any diseases that have to do with their eyes? Any help would be appreciated

Nep

Hi there :) A few more bits of info might help. What kind of fish is it? How long have you had her? Is the eye bulging out ?

She is called an Assorted Platy and I've had her for about 2 months now. Its just bulging out and looks twice the size of her other eye.

Nep

I suspect she may have what is commonly referred to as pop eye. If you go to the beginners section of this forum, there is a pinned article on fish diseases. I'm certain that Kossy covered it there. Do you have salt in your water? Platies are very tolerant of it and it usually helps the healing process.

Yes I ahve covered pop-eye, its in my sig. It sounds like pop-eye to me too.

Thanks guys, but unfortunetly now she seems to be getting worse. Her eye is still the same but she is acting sickly. Just hanging around the top of the tank and her tail fin is closed up. -_- I hope she isn't going to die! I just don't know whats wrong with her. She is very pregnant right now, so I don't know if thats part of the problem either. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait her out.

Nep

Parasites?
Water-oedema? (Don't know what it's in english)
Fish-tuberculous?
Ichthyophonus hoferi -> without preciser exam it's look like fish-tuberculous, same symptoms.

Most reactions

Back