Swim in Peace, Moon

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yesterday I learned a very important lesson. I woke up to find my precious Moon baby dead and caught in the filter. I still choke up when I think about it. He was my second betta who had to go through a lot because his mama was learning but he was such a sweet pea. I had him for three months, never saw him flare once, so peaceful.

I got some sponges and slapped them over the intake of the canister filter. Unfortunately like most people the way I get over an animal dying is by getting another one. So this is Croissant Moon lol. She is my first female. She is so tiny so I’m wondering if she is a baby? She’s in a ten gallon by herself, and I’m not able to do a sorority right now, but I’d like to add another Peaceful fish in there but not sure what my options are. Any ideas?

Moon will always have my heart.

Attachments

• 92F86196-4B1D-465A-BDD6-6496A2272BE8.png
    92F86196-4B1D-465A-BDD6-6496A2272BE8.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 64
That is sad to hear... I know he was struggling.

I would not suggest getting any more fish with that female, for now.

Sorry to hear about your fish, it's always tough.
Sorority tanks are alot more involved than a guppy community tank, for example. It's really something to be thought hard about and researched before diving into. Just the behavioural monitoring can be testing and it can all go down hill very fast

I had a sorority tank. Ended up in a disaster. Please don’t do it. Your new fish is beautiful! Appears to be a juvenile. I would leave her in a tank alone. :)

Yeah that’s why I said I’m not able to do one right now or maybe ever because I don’t have time to research. I’ve heard a lot goes into it. I was just wondering if there was a bottom feeder or something that could go with her because I’ve heard some are peaceful. But I’ll leave her alone for a while. Thanks y’all :)

Most reactions

Back