Sweetmeisters Fishless Cycle Log

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Now I`m not sure what to do! I ordered some Dr Tims live nitrifying bacteria the other day and it has arrived this morning.
I know some people believe this stuff doesnt work and its a waste of money,but I thought I would give it a go as some people believe this stuff does work,so theres only one way to find out for sure!!
Do I carry on as normal or should I add the Dr Tims bacteria and see what happens? Do I continue to add Ammonia even after adding the Dr Tims stuff?
Anybody any ideas please?

Any suggestions please??
Page 1 updated with current readings.

I have been stuck at 1ppm of Ammonia and pretty much 0ppm nitrite for nearly a week! Is this normal or should I add more Ammonia,or perhaps a partial water change??
Any help would be appreciated. :good:

Yes this normal.
I would give it a couple more days.
No need for a water change at this stage, thats the benefit of this method. You are way off a water change.
If you have an air stone with an air pump then i would put it on.

Now I`m not sure what to do! I ordered some Dr Tims live nitrifying bacteria the other day and it has arrived this morning.
I know some people believe this stuff doesnt work and its a waste of money,but I thought I would give it a go as some people believe this stuff does work,so theres only one way to find out for sure!!
Do I carry on as normal or should I add the Dr Tims bacteria and see what happens? Do I continue to add Ammonia even after adding the Dr Tims stuff?

What you do with Dr Tims stuff is up to your good self but options are:

- send it back.
- keep it but dont use it on this cycle and save it for another tank. However, bear in mind the shelf life of the product.
- too funny and rude to type this option!
- use it on the current cycle.

If you use it now then follow the instructions carefully. There is info on Dr Tims site as below:

http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/fishless/fishless.html

The product needs to be used in conjunction with a source of ammonia but be accurate and carefull with the dosing as i believe this can have an impact on the cycle if not done properly.
Most importantl, keep us informed!

What you do with Dr Tims stuff is up to your good self but options are:

- send it back.
- keep it but dont use it on this cycle and save it for another tank. However, bear in mind the shelf life of the product.
- too funny and rude to type this option!
- use it on the current cycle.

If you use it now then follow the instructions carefully. There is info on Dr Tims site as below:

http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/fishless/fishless.html

The product needs to be used in conjunction with a source of ammonia but be accurate and carefull with the dosing as i believe this can have an impact on the cycle if not done properly.
Most importantl, keep us informed!

Thanks again mate for the advice. :good: Think I will give it until Sunday evening and if no change in the readings I will add the Dr Tims Bacteria and see what happens.

Well, no change in the readings today so I`ve added 100ml of the Dr Tims bacteria!!

See if there is any change in tomorrows readings!!

Most reactions

Back