Swarm of bees… Rhinotocinclus Isabelae new since 2022

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Arrived today… they really all are small… 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch… there is a lot of cover in this tank, but this has an angel that was eating smaller cardinal tetras… these guys blend iin, and are not expected to school today out in the open
IMG_5968.jpeg
IMG_5972.png

Attachments

• IMG_5969.jpeg
    IMG_5969.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
5 bumble bees… ( all I could get )
4 more ( much larger ) zebra Oto’s went into the mid sized Cichlid tank… the biggest electric blue, looked like it might like a taste, but fortunately resisted
IMG_5981.png
IMG_5975.jpeg

Last edited:
Bumblebee’s are in a 55 gallon, so it’s going to be a treat just to see them… looked for 5 minutes, then found this lil guy on the front glass… sorry for the blurry pictures this tank is pretty shaded, and they are so tiny, and not a bright color the camera can grab onto… it’s no wonder it took so long to get them identified… they probably looked like insect larvae, in the wild
IMG_5988.png
IMG_5990.png
IMG_5992.png
IMG_5995.png

Last edited:
I think these were discovered, or identified in 2022… nothing on Seriously Fish…
Planet Catfish link…

This one is supposed to be as big as they get, at 3/4 of an inch… lil blue, my smallest ram, also in this picture, along with a juvenile Palmeri tetra
IMG_5997.jpeg

Last edited:
Found 2 or 3 in 5 minutes tonight can’t tell if it’s one or two on the drift wood… I think there are 2 of them there…
Feeding Bacter AE tonight to the new and existing Oto’s, and the Hillstream tank
IMG_6007.jpeg
IMG_6008.png

Good morning… 1/2 hour after 1st light I found one of the smaller ones ( only a 1/2 inch long ) in the gravel… it blended in so well, I could only see it through movement.. in the center of this close up… I’m not great at pictures anyway, but something about their colors and patterns, the camera won’t focus on them… the gravel is in focus, fish is the blurry spot in the middle… Mrs. even tried last night, and she couldn’t get a clear picture either… must be military grade camouflage 😉
IMG_6016.jpeg

Last edited:
Couple of the new zebra Oto’s are active even in the company of cichlids
IMG_6021.jpeg

Well I didn’t go all night without seeing one… just saw a little 1/2 incher on the gravel… I’m sure the picture didn’t turn out… right in the middle
IMG_6022.jpeg

This is a fish, like a small shrimp, that you have to schooch up to the tank and hunt for… this one on the lit background, at 1st light this morning, picture at full zoom
IMG_6029.jpeg

Came home from church, and found 2 of the bees, in just a minute, one on the front glass, and one on the rear glass
IMG_6041.png
IMG_6042.png

This one seems to particularly like the bubble waterfall
IMG_6045.jpeg
IMG_6046.png

This one is only a 1/2 inch long, and was swimming around, when it attracted the big angels attention… he stopped here, and the angel lost interest
IMG_6048.png

Most reactions

Back