Sutiable Bottom Feeders For 3 Discus And 10 Neons

mini7707

Reaction score
Hi, i am getting 3 Discus at the weekend, i have got 10 Neon tetra already and 1 upside down catfish and 1 small bristlenose pleco. What other nice bottom feeders would go well with Discus? Thanks

how big is the tank?
im not sure if discus and neons are ok together?
you need to get atleast 2 more upside down catfish they need to be kept in groups of atleast 3 but the more the bettter.
pictus
banjo
whiptail
featherfin
clown
corys
would all work.

Hi, i am getting 3 Discus at the weekend, i have got 10 Neon tetra already and 1 upside down catfish and 1 small bristlenose pleco. What other nice bottom feeders would go well with Discus? Thanks
sterbai corys are often used in discus tanks as they seem to tolerate the higher temps.

can neons and the catfish handle 30 degrees.....?

the bns might be ok at 30c but i really dont think the upside down catfish will like that temp i forgot about the temp in my first post.

the bns might be ok at 30c but i really dont think the upside down catfish will like that temp i forgot about the temp in my first post.
i think neons may well be out of their temp range too, if not they may become snacks.... cardinals are more commonly used with discus as they are slightly bigger and handle the heat better

Most reactions

Back