Surprised

sic0198

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought some to give 'em as a treat. My fish in my 10 gallon won't touch it, but my fish in my 30 gallon ripped it up in seconds. Perhaps the food is too large for them. What else do I feed them?

I bought them algae wafers and they didn't fool with it either.

In my 10 gallon,
2 or 3 guppies
2 painted glass fish
2 corys
2 red cherry shrimp
2 mollies (orange ones)
1 zebra danio

While I'm on the subject. I think I am over stocked, am I. Also I need to add 3 corys making 5 of them, can I safely do this?

I think you might be overstocked. Among other things wrong with that stocking, Painted glass fish are dyed versions of glass fish and glass fish are supposed to be kept in groups of 4 or more due to aggression. For your feeding question, feed them flake food, all of those fish will readily accept flake food. Also i wouldnt add 3 more corys because that would make you even more overstocked. The advice I like to give people with overstocked 10 gallon tanks is...10 gallons since they're so small dont usually make good communities because of the limited amount of fish you can get in there and everything so they are better as species tanks. what I would recommend to you is to get a bigger tank like a 20 gallon and transfer your fish to that tank and that would allow you to get 2 more glass fish and maybe somemore corys. Hope this helped :)

I just won't add anything else for a while. However, they are doing fine right now.

Well, I won't buy anymore painted glass fish. I hadn't known they were dyed when I bought them, but now I do.

I dont think he's over stocked... As long as he doesnt overfeed and his filter is working alright/big enough.

are you talking about frozen or freeze dried larvae? none of my fish have ever really taken to freeze-dried live foods.

Most reactions

Back