Reaction score
;) Boy that tiny little itty bitty crown tail female had me
fooled big time. Now she ate a ton of eggs but still managed
to produce 317 babies!!!

A big hats off to whoever suggested taking a photo of them
in the plastic container before transferring them. It was
a lot easier counting large batches that way than trying to
go nuts counting them on the move.

:thumbs: It took most of the day!! Five here, 10 there, 30 here, etc... once I got into the idea of the plastic container things went a lot faster.

Let me tell you those little devils get into net avoidance training very early in life!!!
Add to that the light/white coloring of most of them........eek!!!!!!!!!!!

Insanity. My red spawn produced 300+ full grown survivors. Needless to say,they took over my fish room!
That's such a large spawn. Prepare yourself to be overwhelmed :p

Congratulation to you and Welcome to breeding betta forums. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: Think twice when you want to breed betta guys. LOL :grr: hahahaha Who knows you get a jack pot 500+. LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-_- I expect thru natural culls that it should drop down to about 60 by the time they hit 8 weeks or so. I noticed that the larger ones are already picking on some of the smaller ones. There's some that haven't really developed beyond the hatching stage. There's another batch that haven't gone much beyond week 1 so I think nature will take it's course. It will be hard for them to go thru developing the breathing organs without problems.

How could anything that SMALL produce so many eggs???? She was about the size of an 8 week old!

Most reactions

Back