Suggestions For Homemade Catfish Food

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
I adore my catfishes ( Hoplo's, cories, Siamese Bumblebee's, Rendahls catfish etc) and I found I haven't gotten them enough variety in their diet so are there any homemade ingredients to form like a tablet or pellet food? like making a dough which can be made etc... I thought this might be fun but interesting to make a nice food for my fishes...

Someone told me they love cut up zucchini last time i was down at the aquarium but i can't say i've tried it yet. apparently they love it and grow real fast.

Someone told me they love cut up zucchini last time i was down at the aquarium but i can't say i've tried it yet. apparently they love it and grow real fast.

Yeh my lfs said the same thing, its the flesh part though not the skin they like...and also frozen peas defrosted with skins peeled off, most little fishies like that though.

Easiest thing is fresh stuff that you just chuck in. Finely chopped prawns, mussels, squid, fruit, vegetables... Just put a little bit in and see if they like it.

wot is zucchini ? mine love prawns, ive tried em with peas, sweetcorn n carrotts but they dont seem 2 bother with it n it just makes it very messy but i suppose they will all like different things, i know they love bloodworm. i havnt tried em with earthworm yet as ive been struggling 2 find them lol. let me know wot u find out that they like so i can try mine. thanks n good luck :good:

LEO

Wow.... so busy come back to post a bit and my little post has jumped up with replies.... I gave my fish cheese the other day and my god they loved it....

Wow.... so busy come back to post a bit and my little post has jumped up with replies.... I gave my fish cheese the other day and my god they loved it....
Cheese???! Really? I had no idea that fish could eat cheese....Are you sure thats ok for them?

Drew

Well I read it in one of my fish books by Dick Mills and it seems pretty comprehensive and he has done many fish books...it said crumbled up cheese... well my fish enjoyed it and have had no issues so far and they had it 5 days ago

Cheese???! Really? I had no idea that fish could eat cheese....Are you sure thats ok for them?

Drew

I doubt its good for them, as it will contain mammilian fats which fish have problems digesting

Drew

I doubt its good for them, as it will contain mammilian fats which fish have problems digesting

i agree with studz.its also not healthy for a fish.i dont think a african fish is gunna get a dairy product in the wild.

Oh by no means do I feed it to them all the time and haven't again just saying what it said and there seems to be no harm done but I won't feed them cheese whenever I can

Most reactions

Back