Sudden Pump Death?

Nanoman

Reaction score
We have a ca. 450 litres indoor aquarium - it has happily run on a Fluval 405 for several yard (though the volume is slightly over the pump spec). Yesterday the impeller cap cracked - this is a known design flaw and has happened before. I am sure it has always run fine, sometimes with some rattling, when this has happened before until i source and get a replacement. This morning i noticed the water had stopped circulating. I have been unable to get the pump to pump anything. I have taken it apart - the impeller is rotating but seems to be a bit "judder" and also changes direction - is this normal? when it is all back together i dont feel any resistance when pushing down the plunger required to clear air from the system. I am not sure what else to try and am worried that i have little choice but to very quickly purchase a new pump - not a cheap solution but i am not sure how many days the fish will be happy with no circulation or filtration. Any advise hugely welcome.

hi, must be something in the air today, my aqua pro 1 is doing the same thing, not pumping anything, have cleaned it all out but the propeller just judders a bit then stops. darn filter is only 2 years old....any idea what i can try to get it going? (sorry to thread hijack but guessed it would be easier asking here than starting a new thread with the same problem albeit a different brand....)

Most reactions

Back