Styrofoam Sheets For Diy Background

weezawoo

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Looking at pricing up for a DIY background but can't see these on b&Q, wickes or homebase. Stumped where else to look online for them. Not a good start as it is the first thing I tried to look for haha!
Saw that you can use these then cover in cement, 100% latex paint and then epoxy resin. Not looked at anything else yet but not worth it if I can't get the foam!

b and q do them i think its 8 x 4 for a fiver and think there 25mm thick

they may not be listed on there website hun

Ah ok! Thanks :) Think I will be ringing around tonight then!!! Bet they will laugh when they find out what I am attempting haha!!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9273748&fh_view_size=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372016}/categories%3C{9372050}/categories%3C{9372229}&fh_refview=lister&isSearch=false

hope this link is ok
good.gif
but there i found them for ya

You would be better off going to a Building Merchants like Jewsons, Jacksons etc. ask for the PINK styrene NOT the white polystrene.... these are used under flooring and are usually 600mm x 2500mm x 25mm.
Also wouldn't use cement just epoxy resin...

I think it would also be ok to use acrylic paint? :huh:

was having a look and cant find any latex paint i was told to get so hopefully that would be ok. also cant find big lots of epoxy resin as think i would need a lot. would prob still use concrete to weigh it down

was having a look and cant find any latex paint i was told to get so hopefully that would be ok. also cant find big lots of epoxy resin as think i would need a lot. would prob still use concrete to weigh it down

Better using slate :nod:

less than 2 litres of ER 18 Marine did my a 72" x 30" back see picture in post a bit lower down than this one expanding foam sub title.
Latex paint available on ebay... type in latex body paint.. dont thing it would work though....

Most reactions

Back