Stuck

bren2820

Reaction score
So i woke up today...and i found a danio stuck in the filter :(

If it's any consolation, it (probably) wasn't the filter that killed it. But fish usually only get sucked to the grill when they are already dead. Is this a fairly new fish or tank ?

Ps: sorry to hear btw.

awww thats sad :(

yeah it's unlikely the filter killed him, just will have sucked him in when he stopped swimming :sad:

they are all semi-new fish...about two weeks old. Tanks been cycled and running for quite a while. I just dont understand, bc the danios are alll active and swimming vigiorously....it was just real sudden. And from what ive read and heard, Zebra Danios are very hardy fish.

Sure they are hardy - but invincible, no :no: Put any fish (not matter how hardy unless plastic) into a tank to cycle it, and you will always compromise it's health which may lead in many cases to death :/

But the tank was already cycled before they were added

Ah sorry my mistake then. I thought new tank, danios generally means they were used to cycle the tank.

It might just be one of those things then. Have you checked your water stats to check that all is ok - ammonia and nitrite in particular.

im sorry to hear that.

Zebra danios were my first fish (after doing a fishless cycle) and within 2 weeks i lost one to mouth fungus, found him stuck in the plants. next was a baby replacement i got. he got in a fight with another danios and lost some scales from it. died.

The third one was real tragic. she got trapped between the filter and the glass after the suckers failed and it slid, taking that perfect moment in time to pin her. she suffered extreme damage and later died in my hospital bucket about 3 days later.

they are very hardy fish, but if one takes a dint in its immune system, it will go. watch your others for any odd symptoms and check your water stats daily for the next week to watch for any fluctuations.

Fish die for all sorts of reasons. Not necessarily because you havnt looked after them or the tank properly. Ive lost 2 fish since beginning. Pygmy cory got fungal infection on barbels and one harlequin rasbora died for no apparant reason. :rip:

Sorry to hear it man. I hate it when any fish has to perish...

Some fish just die. Sorry.

I lost a whole school of 6 tiger barbs in my 30 gal. tank. (because my Oscar ate them.)

Most reactions

Back