Stress zyme

Newguy122

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 19 L tank and on the stress zyme bottle it says 1 tsp for every 38 L (10 gallon) and I have put a bit more than a half a tsp is this bad for a cycling tank

thanks

Hi everyone I have a 19 L tank and on the stress zyme bottle it says 1 tsp for every 38 L (10 gallon) and I have put a bit more than a half a tsp is this bad for a cycling tank

thanks
no just water change it out if you are worried
i think it is a dechlor+bacteria so it should be totally fine.
but never put too much when you have livestock in tank

It's not a dechlorinator just bottled bacteria according to API's website.

@Newguy122 You also need to add a source of ammonia to cycle the tank. No bottled bacteria cycles a tank instantly, they just shorten the time it takes for the cycle. Once the tank is cycled, you won't need to add any more despite what the instructions say. All you need to add then is a water conditioner to treat the new water at every water change.
In case you haven't found it yet, this is the best way to cycle a tank

What are the plans for the tank once it is ready for fish?

Hi I did a API master test kit today and I got my reading not ready for fish yet but I emptied about 98 99 percent of the waist down the drain and washed the tube with my aquarium water and dumped it back in the tank will this affect anything

thank you

With bottled bacteria, you can't add too much. But other products need to be dosed accurately, from dechlorinator to ammonia for cycling. With such a small volume, the easiest way to measure the doses is by using a 1 ml babies' medicine dosing syringe - these are marked in 1/100th ml making them easy to measure small amounts. If you get one (or more) from a pharmacy, make sure to ask for a babies dosing syringe. If you ask for just a syringe you'll get the third degree about what you want to use it for.

Test kits will show the tank is ready for fish because you haven't yet added anything to make it not ready. But unless you cycle the tnak first, as soon as fish are put in a tank, they excrete ammonia and make it not safe for them.

I'm a bit confused - are you saying you got some of the test chemical in the tank? If you did, you need to completely empty the tank and wash everything, then put everything back, and fill up again with dechlorinated water.

I'm a bit confused - are you saying you got some of the test chemical in the tank? If you did, you need to completely empty the tank and wash everything, then put everything back, and fill up again with dechlorinated water.
if you look into op's other thread, they tested the water and put the tube back into the tank but there was still a little bit of the test liquid on the tube.
i think it is fine tbh

thank you
try to
1. provide info in the current thread of related threads
2. try to make less threads so there is more info in one thread

it's easier for everyone else, or at least me to understand :)

Most reactions

Back